Senior Claims Specialist
A large global Insurer based in the City of London who pride themselves on having excellent client service, great office environments and dynamic working within their teams.
You will join a leading Claims division within their Medical Malpractice sector, handling your own caseload of claims from first notification through to settlement. Including the investigation, negotiation and conduct of defence on a multitude of Medical Malpractice risks.
- To handle personal injury claims in a medical malpractice and general liability sector, as well as other liability/PI classes, for a wide variety of commercial clients written in the non-US Professional Lines Division and reporting to the Professional Lines Claims Manager
- Handling claims in a lead capacity from first advice to final settlement including full analysis of coverage/liability, reserve evaluations, formulating resolution strategy and liaising with risk managers, in house counsel and experts
- Work closely with clients, TPA service providers, external legal advisor’s, market leaders and brokers ensuring a premier claims service to clients is maintained
- To handle Lloyd’s Syndicate as well as IUA and company claims
- Liaise with respective underwriters on wording/policy issues, provide claims info and attend client meetings as appropriate.
- Ideally the candidate will have worked in a syndicate or company or perhaps a broker as a claims advocate/negotiator and gained sufficient practical experience in the market place to independently perform the above duties and responsibilities
- Will have had experience dealing with personal injury claims in a lead capacity
- Knowledge of CLASS/ECF2 preferable
- Legal or professional qualification an advantage but not essential.
- Experience with Excel, Word and PowerPoint preferable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, to liaise with numerous customers, both internal and external.
- Applications : 1
- Job Link